Tecno Camon C8 Android Marshmallow Upgrade – This tutorial talks about upgrading your Camon C8 device to Android Marshmallow (6.0)
Tecno Mobile has rolled out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the hot selling Tecno Camon C8. The update brings changes to the operating system , as well as the user interface. The software isn’t available for upgrade via OTA , but interested persons can get it by following the procedure below:
Tecno Camon C8 Android Marshmallow : How To Upgrade
The tutorial below is quite simple and if you follow the steps correctly , you may not encounter any errors.
Firstly , ensure that your device is NOT rooted.
- Download the Marshmallow software for Camon C8 (Tcard_update_20160415) The file is over 836MB , so make sure you have enough space and data before downloading.: Download Here
- Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (DO NOT PUT IN INSIDE ANY FOLDER)
- Switch off your phone
- Hold Power Button + Volume Up
When the startup logo appears release the Power Button ONLY
You will see the android logo appear as shown below
Now release the Volume Up button
- Again, hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button
WITHOUT RELEASING THE POWER BUTTON.
You will see the interface below:
- Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select
- You will enter a new interface as shown below.
Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
- The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interfcae below. Select Reboot system now
- The phone will reboot. This could take long, maybe upto 5 minutes.
After the boot is done, you should have HiOS and Marshmallow 6.0 on your C8.
Your phone should look like this :
Thats all!. Enjoy Android Marshmallow On your device!!. If you encounter any issues , kindly let us know.