Alcatel A7 XL is the bigger variant of the Alcatel A7 smartphone and asides its large 6-inch display which will surely excite movie lovers and gamers, it is better than the A7 in terms of camera. A dual camera setup at the rear helps deliver professional Bokeh effect to images, and a 5MP camera handles selfies. Other than this, its specifications remain the same.
- 1 The Alcatel A7 XL Specs (Key):
- 2 Alcatel A7 XL Price and Availability in Nigeria
- 3 Alcatel A7 XL Full Specifications
The Alcatel A7 XL Specs (Key):
- Display: 6.0 inches (1080 * 1920 pixel resolution, ~367 PPI, 99.2cm2, ~76.3% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T chipset @ 1.5Ghz.
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 5MP | Rear — 12MP + 2MP dual cameras.
- Battery: 4000mAh.
Design & Display
The Alcatel A7 XL is a phablet with 6-inch display and Full HD (1080 * 1920) pixel resolution, resulting in a pixel density of around 367 PPI. Like the standard A7, the phone uses the LTPS LCD IPS display tech which gives wide viewing angles and excellent display quality while using low power. Its large display gives a 76.3% screen-to-body ratio, offering more screen real-estate for watching movies, doodling and reading.
While the A7 is quite good-looking with an aluminium frame and metal-textured plastic rear panel, the Alcatel A7 XL offers an even sturdier build, featuring a metal unibody design with small bezels. It uses on-screen buttons for navigation and features a fingerprint sensor at its rear panel.
The fingerprint sensor is adequately spaced from other components at the back, unlike in the A7 where things are a bit sandwiched. The fingerprint scanner can be used to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds, as well as answer calls and gain access to the private folder on the phone.
Considering its physical size, the Alcatel A7 XL is quite light at 175 grams, but its 8.7 millimetres thickness might be okay for some and uncomfortable for others.
Memory & Performance
Like the A7, the Alcatel A7 XL is powered under the hood by a MediaTek MT6750T processor which uses eight cores clocked at 1.5GHz. We might be tempted to think it will offer the same level of performance as its lower variant, considering that it also comes with the same amount of RAM (3GB), but it comes with the refined Android 7.1 (Nougat) OS over the A7’s Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS, so things maybe be a bit faster.
The A7 XL also has 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB by using a microSD card.
The Alcatel A7 XL sports a dual camera setup at the rear, consisting of a 12MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera. Both can be used to achieve the Bokeh effect on images, and the default camera app has a slider which lets you adjust the blur level of the images. You can also change the image background after saving it.
A 5MP camera that’s capable of recording 1080p videos handles selfie photography at the front with a LED flash which provides lighting.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
The Alcatel A7 XL packs a 4000mAh battery which offers up to 33 days of standby and 18 hours of talk time. It also comes with Quick Charge which can take the battery level up to 50% in just 40 minutes. Charging upwards may be slower, but the total charge time is still capped at two and a half hours.
The A7 XL comes in single and dual SIM variants and supports 4G VoLTE. It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box, bringing with it Google Assistant and other useful features inherent in the Android OS.
Alcatel A7 XL Price and Availability in Nigeria
Alcatel A7 XL is expected in Nigeria in the fourth quarter of 2017, so we await this smartphone. The A7 XL is expected to cost around N116,000 when it eventually becomes available in the country.
Alcatel A7 XL Full Specifications
- Announced: September 4, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Single & Dual Nano SIM slots.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1 Nougat).
- Price Range: $332.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: LTPS LCD IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches.
- Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Protection: 2.5D curved Asahi DragonTrail glass.
- Features: n/a.
- Dimensions: 159.6 * 81.5 * 8.7 mm.
- Weight: 175g.
- Colours: Metal Black & Metal Gold.
- Chipset: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750T processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core.
- GPU: n/a.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- NFC: Yes.
- FM Radio: n/a.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 12MP + 2MP dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- Bokeh effect.
- 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Front Camera: 5MP.
- Front Flash: Yes.
- Features: Face beauty.
- Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Yes, 2.5 hours charging time.
- Standby Time:
- 2G: Up to 800 hours.
- 3G: Up to 750 hours.
- Talk time:
- 2G: Up to 18 hours.
- 3G: Up to 17 hours.
- Music Playback: n/a.
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.
Other Devices :