Apple Watch 3 Price In Nigeria
Launched alongside the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus at an event in California , Apple announced the Apple Watch 3 which is the latest iteration of its smartwatch series. The Apple Watch 3 packs new features that solve problems seen in the previous iteration, the Apple Watch 2. The watch series 3 comes in two different variants and they both ship with GPS functionality.
- Apple S3 dual-core processor.
- W2 chipset for wireless connectivity.
- 4G LTE support.
- Electronic SIM.
- Barometric altimeter.
- Apple watchOS 4 operating system.
- 390 * 312 resolution.
- 100 nits display brightness.
- Water-resistant in up to 50m of water.
- Sensors – Accelerometer, GPS, NFC & Heart Rate Monitor.
- 18 hours official battery life.
Display & Design
In terms of design and display , there isn’t much difference between the Apple Watch 3 and its predecessor. The smartwatch is still square-shaped, and while this might be a good thing in that it allows application vendors for the device to quickly push updates of their apps with the latest software features, other wearables and smartwatches are adopting the conventional round circular design of regular wristwatches.
The watch comes with a 1.65-inch AMOLED display which has a 390 * 312 pixel resolution, 55.4% screen-to-body ratio and 303ppi pixel density. It comes in 42mm and 38mm thickness versions.
Connectivity & Sensors
For the first time every , the Apple Watch 3 supports cellular connectivity in form of 4G LTE support. Actually, only one variant of the Watch 3 supports this, but it’s better than nothing as previous versions of the Apple Watch didn’t allow you enjoy smartphone-to-smartwatch integration and cross-communication that allows you to answer calls, see notifications and reply texts straight from your wrist, features that are present on smartwatches from every other notable smart wearable brand.
This, together with some other extra features puts a significant price increase on the top-end Apple Watch 3 model, but it’s a nice enough incentive to be able to stay connected without the need to have your smartphone with you.
LTE connections greatly impact battery life and could eat into the overall up-time of the watch, so Apple has included a toggle in the Control Center interface to instantly disable/enable cellular connection whenever it’s not needed, and you can view the current signal strength on the home screen of the watch.
Both variants of the Apple Watch Series 3 come with GPS which allow you to instantly navigate. The watch uses an Electronic SIM (e-SIM), eliminating the problem, encountered in previous generations of the device, of having to purchase a separate SIM card and cellular plan for your wearable.
In terms of sensors, all of the sensors in the Apple Watch 2 are present in the Watch 3, and there’s a barometric altimeter in addition so that you can use to measure your current height at any time.
The Apple Watch 3 launches with the latest version of Apple’s operating system for its smartwatches, watchOS 4 which packs many useful features like Siri recommendations, brand new watch faces and themes, upgraded and new features from the health rate monitor (including advanced measurements during different states such as resting, walking, breathing, workout and recovery), and more.
The Apple Watch 3 uses the new Apple S3 processor which offers 70% more performance than the S2 processor used in the Apple Watch 2. This is to ensure that Siri can work effectively and standalone on the smartwatch without relying on your smartphone to read out information.
The device also comes with a W2 chipset which enhances wireless connectivity, offers 85% more WiFi performance and 50% more power efficiency.
This year’s iteration of the Apple Watch series comes with the same battery recommendations from Apple as last year’s, and furthermore has the tendency to last even shorter when using LTE.
Apple Watch 3 Specifications
The Apple Watch 3 Specs :
- Announced: September 13, 2017
- Available: September 22, 2017 (Pre-order: September 15).
- SIM: Electronic SIM (e-SIM).
- Platform: Apple watchOS 4.0.
- Price Range:
- $399 (GPS + Cellular variant).
- $329 (GPS-only variant).
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20 (800), 25(1900), 26(850), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 1.65 inches (~55.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 390 * 312 pixels (~303 PPI).
- Protection: Sapphire Crystal Glass.
- 3D Touch.
- 100nits brightness.
- Dimension: 42.5 * 36.4 * 11.4 mm (1.67 * 1.43 * 0.45 inches).
- Weight: 52.8g
- Colours: Bluish Gold & Dark Gray.
- Chipset : Apple S3.
- CPU : Dual-core.
- GPU : Power VR.
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- Bluetooth : 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS : Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS.
- USB : No.
- RAM : 768MB
- Internal Storage : 16GB
- External Storage : No.
- Capacity: Unavailable.
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Features: n/a
- Battery Life: n/a
- Sensors : Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart rate monitor, Barometric Altimeter.
Apple Watch 3 Price In Nigeria
The Apple Watch 3 will go on pre-order from the 15th of September and will be available for purchase from September 22. The GPS-only variant costs $329 while the GPS+Cellular variant costs $399. Apple Watch 3 Price In Nigeria is expected to cost above #150,000.