Yesterday , I was trying to install an app on my android phone when i got this infamous Error : “Application Not Installed”. At first , i was clueless on what to do because it was happening to me for the first time. But after some research , i was able to find a solution to this problem. In this article , we’re going to look at why you get “Application Not Installed” error on android and what you can do to fix it.
Why Am I Getting Application Not Installed Error?
There are several reasons why you are getting this error. Firstly , if you’re downloading android apps from an external source (outside Google playstore) , then you’re more likely to see this error. Another reason could be that the file is corrupt / poorly coded or comes with an Invalid Certificate. Here are the possible reasons :
- The App Is Poorly Coded : Sometimes an app could come with poorly written codes by the developer. Such apps cannot be installed because of its unhealthy state.
- You Disabled Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources : If you’re downloading apps from external sources (Outside Google Play) , then you MUST allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
- There’s Not Enough Storage Space : it could be that the storage space on your android device is filled up.
- Invalid Appliation Signature : Every app on the internet has a certificate that will expire after a certain time. Installing an unsigned app could cause this error. Also , Installing another version of an app (with a different signed certificate) on the same device can also result to error.
- App Is Not Compactible With Your Android Version : Some apps are programmed to work on some specific android version. For instance , an app can work on Android 4.4KitKat but cannot work on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Possible Solutions To Application Not Installed Error
Here are few things to do when you encounter such error :
- Change app installation location to Automatic or Let system decide.
- Allow installation of applications from unknown sources. Go to Settings >> Security >> Allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Reboot your phone : sometimes rebooting your phone could solve this.
- Free up space in your phone : uninstall apps that you’re not using to free up space for new ones.
- Avoid installing unsigned apks : most times downloading .apk apps outside playstore could be very risky. The could be corrupt or Unsigned apps and will definately not install.
- Reset apps permissions from settings menu.
- Make sure your SD card is not mounted or connected to a PC or elsewhere.
- Contact the developer : you can contact the developer for installation guide.
- Make sure your SD card is not mounted or connected to a PC .
- Hard Reset : if after everything and you still cannot install apps , your best option maybe to perform a hardreset. (NOTE : Hardreset will wipe out all you Phone’s data. So you’re advised to backup your important files before doing this)