Essential Phone Price In Nigeria
The Essential Phone is an Android-based smartphone that packs a punch in terms of hardware but sadly, doesn’t do much in the software aspect.
The Key Specs :
- Display: 5.71 inches (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Software: Android 7.1 (Nougat), planned upgrade to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 128GB ROM
- Cameras: Front — 8MP (f/2.2) | Rear — Dual 13 MP (f/1.9)
- Battery: 3040 mAh (non-removable)
- Price :
Design & Display
In terms of design, the Essential Phone is up there with other flagship devices from top manufacturers. When viewed from the front , it bears alot of resemblance to the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 thanks to its bezel-less design. The essential phone’s body is forged from titanium and ceramic which gives it a premium look and feel. The ceramic coating makes the phone highly resistant to scratches and can easily get shattered due to impact.
Like recent flagship smartphones, the Essential Phone has a bezel-less design with the screen being the most important part of the phone, as intended by the company that produced it. The smartphone bears resemblance to the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 when viewed from the front.
The Essential Phone comes with a 5.7-inch LCD display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and has a 19:10 aspect ratio and 1312 x 2560 pixels (Quad HD) resolution. This smartphone performs averagely outdoors with a maximum brightness level of 500 nits which is pretty low when compared with other smartphones in its category.
The titanium + ceramic design makes the Essential Phone quite heavy at 185 grammes but its thickness of 7.8 millimetres is on par with its competitors. The Essential phone has IP54 certification which means it is resistant to only splashes of water, unlike similar flagships that have a IPX7 certification, totally immersible in water.
Memory & Performance
As you would expect , the Essential Phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with eight processing cores and a maximum speed of 2.45GHz. This is assisted in the graphics section by an Adreno 540 GPU which powers graphics on the Essential phone.
This smartphone comes with 4GB of RAM for the heavy multi-taskers, and the large file accumulators are satisfied with 128GB of default storage. A downside is that the default storage cannot be expanded further via microSD, so you’re stuck with what you buy initially.
The Essential Phone has a dual camera setup consisting of a 13MP RGB primary lens and a 13MP True Monochrome secondary lens at the rear. The primary component comes with image fusion technology and can record videos in 4K, 1080p and 720p resolutions at various frame rates. The secondary component has a f/1.85 aperture that allows for capturing depth of field information of images fast. There’s also a LED flash at the back for providing lighting support to the dual cameras.
At the front, an 8MP camera with a 16:9 aspect ratio and f/2.2 aperture is present for taking selfie pictures. The front camera uses a fixed hyperfocal lens and can also record videos in 4K, 1080p and 720p resolutions.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
A 3040mAh battery is present in the Essential Phone to provide running juice that can easily be refilled in a short time, thanks to the phone’s fast charging features. It has a USB Type-C port for rapid file transfers and offers connectivity such as Bluetooth 5.0,WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO, NFC, and GPS with GLONASS.
In terms of security, the phone has a fingerprint reader at the rear under the dual cameras, and packs four microphones with noise cancellation and beam forming inside. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and should receive an update to Android 8.0 Oreo soon.
Essential Phone Specifications
The Essential Phone Specs :
- Announced: May 30, 2017
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- Price Range: $699.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 11(1500), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 21(1500), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 42(3500), 43(3700), 66(1700/2100)
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.71 inches (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1312 x 2560 pixels (~504 ppi pixel density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Dimensions: 141.5 x 71.1 x 7.8 mm (5.57 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 185g.
- Build : Titanium Frame
- Colours: Black Moon, Stellar Grey, Pure White & Ocean Depths.
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
- CPU: 2.45GHz Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 540.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS and GLONASS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- NFC: Yes.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 128GB.
- External Storage: No.
- Rear Camera: 13MP RGB + 13MP True Monochrome dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- Features: ƒ/1.85 aperture, Image fusion technology, Video recording at 4K 30fps, 1080p 60fps or 720p 120fps.
- Front Camera: 8MP lens.
- Front Flash: LED flash.
- Features: 16:9 aspect ratio, f/2.20 fixed hyperfocal lens, Video recording at 4K 30fps, 1080p 60fps or 720p 120fps.
- Capacity: 3040mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Features: Fast charging.
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
Essential Phone Price In Nigeria
The Essential Phone comes in Black Moon, Stellar Grey, Pure White and Ocean Depths colour variants.
It costs about the same as the iPhone 8, which is around $699. There’s no word on when it will be available in Nigeria , however , going by the US retail price ($699) , Essential phone price in Nigeria would likely cost above #220,000 should it be available in the country.
Other Gadgets :