The Infinix Hot 6 is a mid-range device in the battery-focused Infinix Hot series of smartphones. Launched alongside its higher variant, the Pro, Hot 6 comes in two memory variants, but there aren’t many differences between it and its predecessor, the Infinix Hot 5.
Apart from the improved 13MP main camera, Android Oreo software, bigger display and Snapdragon processor, the specs remain pretty much the same; there’s still no 4G and fast charging.
The Pro, on the other hand, comes with some improved features ; there’s 4G LTE connectivity, 3GB of RAM, and dual rear cameras. If you’re thinking of upgrading from the Hot 5 series to the Hot 6 series, the Hot 6 Pro may be your best bet.
- 1 The Infinix Hot 6 / Pro Specs (Key) :
- 2 Infinix Hot 6 / Pro Price n Nigeria
- 3 Full Specifications
The Infinix Hot 6 / Pro Specs (Key) :
- Display: 6 inches (720 * 1,440 pixel resolution, ~235 PPI pixel density, ~75.99% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo (Android Go Edition on Hot 6).
- Processor: Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset @1.4GHz
- Memory: 1GB (Hot 6) / 2GB / 3GB (Pro version) RAM, 16GB / 32GB (Pro version) ROM.
- Camera: Front — 5MP | Rear — 13MP (Hot 6) / 13MP + 2MP Dual Cameras (Hot 6 Pro).
- Battery: 4,000mAh (with 5V/2A fast charging on Hot 6).
Design & Display :
Like most devices released by Infinix these days, the Hot 6 comes with a large 6-inch IPS LCD display. It has an HD+ (720 * 1,440) pixel resolution and follows the latest smartphone design trend, featuring an 18:9 aspect ratio with slimmer bezels.
This smartphone has a fingerprint sensor located on the rear a little below the main camera module. Its power button and volume rockers are on the right side, while the SIM card tray is nested on the left side. It’s impressive that the Hot 6 Pro weighs 153 grammes and is just 8.3 millimetres thick, despite the fact that it packs a large 4,000mAh battery capacity.
In terms of design, it is covered with plastic on the rear, but it has a solid build that might be mistaken for metal from afar.
Memory & Performance :
The Infinix Hot 6 & Pro are powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor that has a clock speed of 1.4GHz and is assisted by an Adreno 308 GPU for graphics operations.
Both smartphones have 2GB RAM with 16GB ROM variants, but the 6 also comes with a 1GB RAM + 16GB ROM configuration while the Pro has a premium version that comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
The camera on the rear of the 6 has been upgraded to a 13MP lens which has an f/2.0, but the camera on the front stays 5MP. The Pro is more fascinating with a 13MP + 2MP dual camera setup on the rear, but even that can’t make up for the mediocre 5MP camera present upfront. I mean, this is 2018!
Like most Infinix smartphones that are still receiving software updates, the Hot 6 & Pro comes with Face Unlock, which allows you to unlock the smartphone just by staring at it.
Battery, Connectivity & Software :
The smartphone packs a 4,000mAh battery which is good news when you consider how long it will last before requiring a recharge, but sad news when you realize it doesn’t come with fast charging and you’ll have to wait for at least three hours to get a full charge (from 0%) on the device.
The Pro supports 4G LTE network connectivity, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. The standard Hot 6 is stuck on 3G, and runs on the Android Go Edition of Android 8.1 Oreo.
Infinix Hot 6 / Pro Price n Nigeria
Both smartphones are currently available for around N48,000 and N52,000 respectively.
- Announced: May 12, 2018.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual Micro-SIM (Hot 6) / Nano-SIM (Pro version) slot.
- Platform: Android Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo – with Android Go Edition on Hot 6 1GB Version.
- Price Range:
- The 6 – N48,000.
- Pro Version – N52,000.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G Bands: Yes, LTE (on Hot 6 Pro).
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6 inches FullView display.
- Resolution: 720 * 1,440 pixels (HD+).
- Protection: n/a.
- 18:9 aspect ratio.
- 500 nits brightness.
- 1000:1 contrast ratio.
- Hot 6 – 157.7 * 75.4 * 7.99 mm.
- Hot 6 Pro – 160.43 * 76.23 * 8.3 mm.
- Weight: 153g.
- Colours: Sandstone Black, Magic Gold, Bordeaux Red, City Blue.
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- CPU: Quad-core.
- GPU: Adreno 308.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0 with OTG Reverse Charging.
- NFC: No.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- The 6 – 1GB / 2GB.
- Pro Version – 2GB / 3GB.
- Internal Storage:
- The 6 – 16GB.
- Pro Version– 16GB / 32GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera:
- The 6 – 13MP.
- Pro Variant – 13MP + 2MP Dual Cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- Front Camera: 5MP.
- Front Flash: Yes.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 4,000mAh.
- Type: Li-Po battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Yes, 5V/2A (Hot 6 only).
- Music Playback: –
- Ambient Light.
- Face Unlock.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.
Other Infinix Phones :