After a lowkey start to the year , Infinix Mobility launched the Infinix Hot S3 as their latest addition to the Hot S lineup and their first smartphone of 2018.
The Hot S3 is an interesting smartphone in many ways. This is the first infinix phone to run the latest android version out of the box , their first smartphone to use a Qualcomm chipset and their second phone to come with an infinity display (after the Zero 5) , one of the hottest smartphone trends of 2017.
The Hot S3 will be available in Nigeria for a price of around #62,000.
Infinix Hot S3 Specs :
- Display: 5.7’HD (720 x 1440 resolution).
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Processor: 1.4Ghz Octa-Core Qualcomm SD430
- Memory: 3GB RAM , 32GB ROM
- Camera: 20MP Front – 13MP Back
- Battery: 4000mAh with Xcharge
- Jumia Nigeria –
What’s New ? :
- Infinity display (18:9 aspect ratio)
- Android 8.0 Oreo ( the first on an Infinix phone)
- Qualcomm processor
- Improved camera specs
Design & Hardware :
The Infinix Hot S3 bears resemblance with its predecessor , the S2 , except for little but noticeable changes in display and camera positioning. The 5.7 -inch HD infinity display is housed by a plastic unibody with round , well polished edges. Looking at the back , one would believe Infinix got inspired by Apple with the rear camera setup of the Hot S3 looking so much like the iPhone X which that huge , noticeable camera bump.
Things get interesting under the hood as the Hot S3 ships with a 1.4Ghz Qualcomm SD430 processor paired with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. Power users who would want more space can hook a micro SD card up to 128GB although the HOT S3 comes with an Hybrid setup so one would have to choose between using 2 SIM cards or 1 SIM card while a micro SD card occupies the SIM 2 slot.
My thoughts :
Without any hands-on experience and just based on hardware specs , we can assume the Hot S3 would perform well and deliver seamless multitasking. 1.4Ghz Qualcomm processor should process information quickly and 3GB RAM should let you switch between apps without any lag. The presence of Android 8.0 Oreo operating system is also a huge plus, considering how slow Infinix has been to adopt the latest Android software out-of-the-box.
The 32GB internal storage may be the only let-down considering pre-installed could take as much as 10% of that , leaving the user with only 90% ; but this is remedied by the option to use an external SD Card up to 128GB ; albeit an hybrid setup.
Camera Specs & Battery Life :
With camera being the selling point of this device , one would expect good camera specs (at least on paper) and infinix didn’t disappoint. The Hot S3’s front camera has 20MP at 5120×3840 resolution , while the rear camera comes with 13MP at 4160×3120 resolution.
Both cameras have Dual-flash Light which should help brighten things up when taking pictures in a low-light environment. Here are some sample shots taken with the rear camera.
The Hot S3 is powered by a 4000mAh battery with X-charge for quick charging.
Infinix Hot S3 Price In Nigeria
At the time of publishing , the Hot S3 is currently available in Nigeria at a price of #62,000. Please not that the price may differ with each merchant but should cost between #62,000 – #65,000.
Infinix Hot S3 Full Specifications
- Announced: March 2018
- Available: Yes
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Platform: Android Oreo
- Price Range: #62,000
- Fingerprint: Fingerprint (rear-mounted)
- Technology: GSM/ HSPA/ LTE
- LTE : 1( 2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
BODY AND DISPLAY
- Type: IPS LCD display
- Size: 5.65 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels
- Dimensions: 152.30 x 72.80 x 8.40 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Colours: Black , Gold
- Chipset: 1.4Ghz Octa-core Snapdragon 430
- Processor Speed: 1.4Ghz
- CPU: Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 505
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- GPS: Yes
- USB: Yes
- USB-OTG : Yes
- Headphone jack : Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (Hybrid setup)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP
- Rear Flash: Yes, Dual LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 20MP
- Front Flash: Yes, Dual LED flash
- Capacity: 4000 mAh
- Type: Li-Ion
- Features: Non-removable
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Standby Time: N/A
- Talk Time: N/A
- Music Playback: N/A
- Light Sensor
- Proximity Sensor