The Infinix Hot S3X is the latest in Infinix Mobility’s Hot S line-up that started with the successful launch of the Infinix Hot S back in 2016.
The Hot S3X is an excellent mid-range Android smartphone that comes with decent specifications and a great design, and its price places it in a competitive spot among other smartphones in the market.
It comes after the Hot S3, but the former has better design. Infinix borrowed a leaf from the design pages of the makers of the iPhone; the Hot S3X comes with a notch. If you’ve been looking forward to what it feels like to have a notch but can’t afford the expensive iPhone X, the Infinix S3X offers it to you at a price many times lower.
The notch isn’t the only spectacular thing about this smartphone. It also comes with a long-lasting 4,000mAh battery, dual cameras on the rear and a superb camera upfront, and a Snapdragon CPU.
- 0.1 The Infinix Hot S3X Specs (Key):
- 0.2 Design & Display :
- 0.3 Memory & Performance :
- 0.4 Camera :
- 0.5 Battery & Connectivity :
- 0.6 Software
- 1 Infinix Hot S3X Price and Availability in Nigeria
- 2 Full Specifications
The Infinix Hot S3X Specs (Key):
- Display: 6.2 inches (720 * 1,500 pixel resolution, ~270 PPI pixel density, ~82% screen-to-body ratio), Notch.
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo with XOS Hummingbird v3.0.
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset @1.4Ghz
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 16MP (with AI) | Rear — 13MP + 2MP Dual.
- Battery: 4,000mAh with fast charging.
Design & Display :
The Infinix Hot S3X comes with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display which is large enough to satisfy your multimedia-viewing needs. This doesn’t mean the phone is all large and bulky, though; it comes with the now-popular 18:9 aspect ratio which allows the large display to be fitted in a compact frame that’s handy and easy to operate in one hand.
The Hot S3X’s front camera, its accompanying LED flash and sensors are nested inside a notch placed where the top bezel used to be. This is a design made popular by the iPhone X, and it’s responsible for the massive reduction in the size of the phone’s bezels. Now you can have more of the large screen (82% screen-to-body ratio) to yourself, and still have your favourite front-facing components working perfectly.
The smartphone is built with plastic on the back and a metal frame, but it doesn’t feel cheap at all. It’s on the light side at 150 grammes, and a thickness of just 8.3 millimetres makes it easy for you to carry the smartphone around comfortably in your pockets.
The Hot S3X also comes with a fingerprint sensor which allows you to quickly unlock the smartphone on its rear, and is available in Black, Blue and Grey colour options.
Memory & Performance :
This smartphone is powered under the hood by an octa-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. Infinix has adopted Snapdragon processors in most of the smartphones it has launched this year, and while the Snapdragon 430 is not a beast, it can hold its own on regular smartphone usage like browsing the net or using social media apps. Even high-end games run well on this device if the graphics output is reduced.
An advantage of using the Snapdragon processor is that the smartphone doesn’t heat up, even when you perform heavy tasks. The Hot S3X’s graphics are handled by an Adreno 505 GPU, and there’s 3GB of RAM for multi-tasking while 32GB of internal memory holds all your applications and files.
There’s a Pro version of the phone with 4GB and 64GB of internal memory, but it’s not available for sale in the country yet. You can put an external microSD card with a size of up to 128GB into its dedicated slot, if the default storage isn’t sufficient.
The Infinix S3X sports a dual camera setup with a 13MP primary lens and 2MP secondary lens on its rear. The secondary camera is there to add the Bokeh effect to your photos when needed, and there’s a dual LED flash to brighten things up.
A 16MP camera with an accompanying LED flash handles selfie photography on the front with a dash of Artificial Intelligence for better-looking images.
Battery & Connectivity :
This phone packs a 4,000mAh battery that can last for up to 48 hours on heavy usage. It also comes with 5V/2A fast charging which saves you the stress of having to charge the large battery for hours on end before getting to 100%; you can get up to 50% from 0% in just 30 minutes.
The phone supports 4G LTE cellular connectivity via its dual Micro-SIM slot, while Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 give allow you to create and join wireless networks.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo which is the latest version of the Android OS besides the recently-released Android P. The smartphone comes with version 3.0 of Infinix’s refined custom UI skin for its Android smartphones, XOS Hummingbird.
Infinix Hot S3X Price and Availability in Nigeria
You can grab the Infinix Hot S3X in most offline and online retail stores across Nigeria for between N62,000 and N65,000.
- Announced: July 2018.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual Micro-SIM slot.
- Platform: Android Operating System, Android 8.1 Oreo with XOS Hummingbird v3.0.
- Price Range: N62,000 – N65,000.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G Bands: Yes, LTE with VoLTE, bands 1 (2100), 3 (1800), 5 (850), 8 (900), 40 (2300), 41 (2500).
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours.
- Size: 6.2 inches FullView display.
- Resolution: 720 * 1,500 pixels (HD+).
- Protection: n/a.
- Features: 18:9 aspect ratio with notch.
- Dimensions: 156.7 * 75.3 * 8.3 mm.
- Weight: 150g.
- Colours: Blue, Black & Grey.
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.4GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core Cortex A53.
- GPU: Adreno 505.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes, with Reverse Charging.
- NFC: No.
- FM Radio: No.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 2MP Dual Cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- Bokeh effect.
- Auto mode.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- Front Flash: Yes.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Capacity: 4,000mAh.
- Type: Li-Po battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Yes, 5V/2A.
- Standby Time: Up to 528 hours on 3G.
- Talk time: Up to 24 hours on 3G.
- Music Playback: n/a.
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.