The Infinix Zero 5 is Infinix Mobility’s flagship device of 2017 and their best smartphone till date. It is the successor to 2016’s Zero 4 and going by the specifications , it is a worthy successor. The Zero 5 was launched in Dubai on the 14th of November and is available in 6GB RAM / 64GB ROM & Infinix Zero 5 Pro with 6GB RAM & 128GB Storage.
The Zero 5 packs a punch in most departments, offering professional-level photography with dual cameras, efficient multi-tasking with 6GB of RAM, and non-stop usage with a 4350mAh battery.
The Infinix Zero 5 Specs (Key) :
- Display: 5.98 inches (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution)
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P25 chipset @ 2.4Ghz
- Memory: 6GB RAM , 64GB/128GB ROM (Zero 5 Pro)
- Camera: Front — 16MP | Rear — 12MP + 13MP
- Battery: 4350mAh
- Jumia Nigeria – Infinix Devices –
The Display & Build
The Infinix Zero 5 is a phablet featuring a 5.98-inch IPS display which should provide vivid picture and colour with a Full HD (1920 x 1080) pixel resolution. The display is protected by a 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which , according to Infinix , increases strength by 50% and reduces scratches by 40%.
The Zero 5 features a metal unibody design and comes with rounded edges and a slightly curved rear.The capacitive buttons on the Zero 4 was eliminated to allow for a smaller bezel at the bottom, and the Zero 5 now uses on-screen buttons for navigation.
The top bezel houses the selfie shooter, its accompanying LED Flash, proximity and ambient sensor, and the earpiece. The top of the phone is devoid of any ports or sensors, with the speaker grills, microphone, micro-USB port and 3.5mm audio jack all located below the phone.
The Zero 5 has a dedicated microSD card slot on its left side, and a dual micro-SIM slot on its right side above the volume rockers and power button. It also features a fingerprint sensor which is situated at the rear.
The design of the Infinix Zero 5 is contrary to what we expected given the recent trend of smartphones with 18:9 aspect ratio and bezel-less display. Perhaps a bezel-less display would have made the Zero 5 more attractive but it is still good-looking nonetheless and combined with its powerful internals, the Zero 5 is sure to compete with flagship smartphones of 2017.
The Processor & RAM
Performance on the Infinix Zero 5 should be top-notch as it packs a MediaTek Helio P25 processor powering its operations under the hood. The Helio P25 processor has been confirmed to efficiently manage affairs well while keeping heat emission as low as possible. It uses eight Cortex cores that run at a top speed of 2.6GHz. With this, the phone should be able to efficiently run modern applications, including 3D games. It’s likely to be paired up with a Mali T880 MP2 GPU to assist in the aspect of graphics rendering.
What’s more, the zero 5 smartphone comes with 6GB of RAM which should provide efficient multitasking. This phone has 64GB / 128GB of default memory which can be expanded up to 2TB using a microSD card.
The Infinix Zero 5 has a dual camera setup consisting of a 12MP primary camera and 13MP secondary camera at the rear. This clearly surpasses the camera setup on any other Infinix smartphone, and allows the user to capture professional images with additives like the Bokeh effect / background blur and depth of field. The default camera app on the zero 4 was known to pack a lot of settings for tweaking the quality and appearance of images, and the Zero 5 is no different in this regard.
A 16MP camera is also present at the front of the smartphone for taking selfie and videos. It has the same quality as the main camera on last year’s Zero 4 , so the Zero 5’s front camera should be able to produce stunning selfies if effectively utilized.
The Battery, Connectivity & Software
The Infinix Zero 5 packs a 4350mAh battery that should last a full day on heavy usage. It’s not officially confirmed yet, but we expect that the Zero 5 would come with fast charging tech to reduce the time it takes to get a full charge, considering that last year’s Zero 4 had fast charge.
Dual micro-SIM slots on the phone allow you to access 4G LTE networks, and fast wireless connections are handled by Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2.
On the software side, the Zero 5 runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with an advanced version of Infinix’s custom UI (XOS 3.0). A high-end smartphone is likely to get Android 8.0 oreo update sometimes next year although the decision is left to Infinix Mobility.
The Zero 5 Pro
Internal Storage is the only difference between the standard Zero 5 and the Pro variant , with the Pro shipping with 128GB while the standard Zero 5 ships with 64GB. Other specs are the same.
Infinix Zero 5 Price In Nigeria
The Zero 5 smartphone was launched on the 4th of November at an event in Dubai and currently available in the Nigerian market. At the tinme of writing , Infinix Zero 5 price in Nigeria ranges from #102,000 – #110,000.
Infinix Zero 5 Full Specifications
- Announced: Announced November 14, 2017.
- Available: –
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM slots.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.0 Nougat) with XOS v3.0 UI.
- Price Range: To be updated
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G Bands: FDD B1 2100MHz,FDD B2 1900MHz,FDD B20 800MHz,FDD B3 1800MHz,FDD B4 1700MHz,FDD B5 850MHz,FDD B7 2600MHz,FDD B8 900MHz,TDD B38 2600MHz,TDD B40 2300MHz
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.98 inches.
- Resolution: 1080 * 1920 pixels (Full HD).
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Dimensions: 178 * 77 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight: 197g.
- Colours: Bordeaux red , black .
- Chipset: 64-bit 2.4GHz MediaTek Helio P25 16nm processor.
- CPU: Cortex-A53 Octa-core.
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP2.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2 LE, A2DP.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: Yes + USB OTG with Reverse Charging.
- NFC: -.
- RAM: 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB ( Infinix Zero 5 Pro)
- External Storage: expandable up to 2TB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 12MP dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- Features: n/a.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- Front Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 4350mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: -.
- Ambient Light.
- Hall Effect.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
Other Smartphones :
- Infinix Hot 5
- Infinix Smart X5010
- Lenovo K6
- Gionee X1s
- Gionee M7 Power
- Fero Royale X2
- Infinix Hot S3
- Tecno Camon X
What are your thoughts on the new Infinix Zero 5 Specs ? Worth it? Leave a comment below.