Nokia 5 Price In Nigeria
Launched Alongside the Nokia 3 in what was an output of the first Nokia-branded smartphones to run on the Android operating system , Nokia 5 is another attempt by HMD Global to penetrate the already saturated Android market. It is a budget smartphone with well built body that gives it a premium look.
The Key Specs :
- 5.2 inches (~68.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8937 430
- 2GB RAM | 16GB Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 13MP rear-camera | 5MP front Camera
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- 4G LTE Network
- Price –
Design & Display
Unlike its smaller counterpart , Nokia 3 , the Nokia 5 comes with a complete metal aluminium body design and has a premium design that makes it comparable to high-end smartphones. It is made ergonomically with rounded edges to make sure it fits rightly on hands.
If you’re a fan of the old Nokia Lumia smartphone designs but need the latest functionality provided in Android smartphones, look no more as the Nokia 5 re-enacts some of Lumia’s design with a metal chassis that adds an extra colour tone to it, and a material that surrounds the front panel in form of a jacket.
The speakers are located at the bottom of the device, and it has a mimic of a home button (which is actually just a depressed part of the bottom bezel) into which a fingerprint sensor has been embedded to provide advanced security. The smartphone has a IP52 certification for water resistance, but this is limited to splashes of water and should not be kept in water for too long.
In terms of display, the Nokia 5 has a 5.2-inch display with a moderate 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, 2.5D sculpted glass covering, Corning Gorilla Glass protection and 500 nits of brightness.
Memory & Performance
An octa-core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform processor powers the Nokia 5’s operations under the hood, and while I’m thankful that it’s a Snapdragon processor that has been tested to work well in similar budget devices, it can only do as much with 2GB of RAM in terms of multi-tasking and heavy gaming.
If you’re planning to run just two or three apps side-by-side, or even more low-end apps, the Nokia 5 is at your service, but resource-intensive or heavy gaming apps might require a reduce in graphics quality to run smoothly on the device. Its graphics operations are handled by an Adreno 505 GPU.
The smartphone has 16GB of onboard storage, but the actual capacity available for the user to use is far lower than this, and it might end up getting filled up pretty quick. In case this happens, you have the option of adding extra storage capacity up to 256GB by using an external microSD card.
Things are just right for the price (in terms of paper specifications) here; the Nokia 5 sports a 13MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size and Autofocus at the rear, and an 8MP camera with the same properties and a 84-degree wide-angle lens at the front.
There’s something interesting about the selfie camera on the Nokia 5: it is capable of recording videos at Full HD (1080p) resolution, but you’d need a device with a higher display resolution to replay them at full resolution since the Nokia 5’s display maxes out at HD (720p) resolution.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
The Nokia 5 packs a 3000mAh battery capacity which could for a whole day, even on heavy usage. Surprisingly, the smartphone also has Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging feature which is not common on budget smartphones
It runs on version 7.1.1 (Nougat) of the Android operating system and comes in single and dual SIM variants with support for 4G VoLTE with LTE Band LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300). This device will likely work with the following 4G telco providers in Nigeria :
- MTN Nigeria : Band 7 (2600MHZ) and Band 20 (800MHZ)
- Glo Nigeria : Band 28 (700MHZ)
- Smile : Band 20 (800MHZ)
- Inter C : Band 20 (800MHZ)
- Spectranet : Band 40 (2300MHZ)
- Ntel : Band 8 (900MHZ) and Band 3 (1800MHZ)
- Etisalat Nigeria : Band 3 (1800MHZ)
Nokia 3 Specifications
The Nokia 3 Specs :
- Announced (In Nigeria): June 13, 2017
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Single & Dual SIM.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
- Price Range: #60,000 – #70,000.
- Fingerprint: Yes, front-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: Band LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.2 inches (~68.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (~282 ppi pixel density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Features: 500nits brightness.
- Dimension: 149.7 * 72.5 * 8.05 mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colours: Tempered Blue, Silver, Matte Black & Copper.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8937 430
- CPU: 1.4GHz Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 505.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: 2.0 with OTG.
- NFC: Yes.
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Yes , microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Rear Camera: 13MP lens.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- 1.12µm pixel size.
- Front Camera: 8MP 84-degree wide-angle lens.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: f/2.0 aperture, Autofocus & 1.12µm pixel size.
- Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion battery
- Features: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Sensors: Accelerometer (G-sensor), ambient light sensor, e-compass, fingerprint sensor, Hall sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
Nokia 5 Price In Nigeria
The Nokia 5 is already available in online and offline retail stores in the country. Nokia 5 price in Nigeria ranges from #60,000 – #70,000 , depending on the prevailing market factors. This device is available in different colour offerings such as Tempered Blue, Silver, Matte Black and Copper.