The Nokia 8 is the flagship offering from Finnish company HMD Global, and the smartphone is bound to excite loyal Nokia fans with its features. With the usual Nokia smartphone design and powerful internal specs like 6GB of RAM, Android 8.0 Oreo in the pipeline, dual cameras and a high quality display combined with a very competitive price tag, the Nokia 8 is a good definition of a flagship smartphone.
The Nokia 8 Specs (Key) :
- Display: 5.3 inches, 77.4 cm2 (~69.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Software: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), planned upgrade to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 @ 2.5Ghz
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAM , 64GB / 128GB ROM
- Camera: Front — 13MP | Rear — 13MP + 13MP
- Battery: 3090mAh
- Jumia Nigeria – Nokia Smartphone –
The Design & Display
For a flagship smartphone, the Nokia 8 is on the mid-range side in terms of a display with a 5.3-inch LCD screen , but this is typical of Nokia. It offers vivid colour representation and superb display quality with a Quad HD (1440 * 2560) pixel resolution and 554 PPI pixel density. The display is protected with sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which reduces the risk of the screen accumulating scratches or cracking upon impact.
A maximum brightness level of 500 nits places the Nokia 8’s display on the top amongst similar smartphones when it comes to outdoor screen legibility and display performance under sunlight.
The Nokia 8 has a full aluminium unibody design and its body is made from a block of 6000 series of aluminium which has a polished luxury mirror finish, giving it the premium look and feel it deserves. It uses a physical home button into which a fingerprint sensor is embedded.
The smartphone has an IP54 certification which means it’s Splashproof and can withstand splashes of water and fluid. It is 7.9 millimetres thick and convenient to hold with rounded edges.
The RAM & Processor
The flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor with eight cores makes an appearance in the Nokia 8, powering its operations in conjunction with an Adreno 540 GPU which handles its graphics.
The smartphone comes with 4GB of DDR4X RAM and 64GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage which can be expanded up to 256GB using an external microSD card. The phone is also available in 6GB RAM and 128GB storage configurations in Finland only. Talk about supporting your own.
There are two 13MP cameras on the rear of the Nokia 8, one with a RGB (Colour) sensor and OIS, and the other with a Monochrome (Black & White) sensor, ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and 76.9-degree wide-angle lens. Other components present on the rear are an IR range finder and a dual-tone LED flash for illumination.
A 13MP camera with autofocus, ZEISS optics, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size and 78.4-degree wide-angle lens is also present at the front for taking selfies. This smartphone comes with Dual-Sight technology which allows you to take pictures using the front and rear cameras at the same time and then combines them into one.
The Software , Battery & Connectivity Options
The juicer in the Nokia 8 is a 3090mAh battery, and while such a battery capacity for the smartphone’s powerful internals and QHD display may not be good enough, its can be justified by the fact that the Nokia 8 isn’t bulky and dosen’t cost as much as other flagship smartphones.
The Nokia 8 comes with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging tech which helps the battery charge faster.
The Nokia 8 comes with hybrid dual Nano SIM slots and supports 4G VoLTE network connectivity. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless connections, a Generation 1 USB Type-C 3.1 port for charging and data transfer, and Nokia OZO 350-degree spatial surround sound with three microphones for an immersive audio experience.
The Nokia 8 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and will soon be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Nokia 8 Price In Nigeria
The Nokia 8 smartphone is currently available in the country and can be purchased from leading online stores and offline retail stores near you. Nokia 8 Price is Nigeria falls with #195,000 – #212,000. This depends on the merchant you’re purchasing from.
Nokia 8 Full Specifications
- Announced: September 26, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Hybrid dual Nano SIMs.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat), upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Price Range: $569 – $769.
- Fingerprint: Yes, front-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE (with VoLTE) band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Size: 5.3 inches.
- Resolution: 1440 * 2560 pixels (Quad HD).
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Dimensions: 151.5 * 73.7 * 7.9 mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Colours: Tempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel & Polished Copper.
- Chipset: 64-bit 2.5GHz Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor.
- CPU: Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 540.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 ac (MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS & GLONASS & BDS.
- USB: Gen 1 USB Type-C 3.1.
- NFC: Yes.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1).
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Rear Camera: 13MP (RGB) + 13MP (Monochrome) dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- ZEISS Optics.
- 1.12um pixel size.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- 76.9-degree wide-angle lens.
- IR range finder.
- Front Camera: 13MP.
- Front Flash: No.
- 78.4-degree wide-angle lens.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- ZEISS optics.
- 1.12um pixel size.
- Capacity: 3090mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Ambient Light.
– MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
Other Smartphones :
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 6
- The Zero 5
- Gionee X1s
- Nokia 3310 (2017)
- Infinix Note 5
- Infinix Hot 6
- Tecno Pouvoir 2
- Infinix Smart 2
- Tecno Spark 2