Ntel Data Plans starts from just #1,000 , and you can get unlimited 4G internet access here in Nigeria. Here’s everything you need to know.
Last week , Ntel revealed a list of their internet package (Ntel Internet Bundles) and i was really suprised to find out that all Ntel Data Plans are “Unlimited”. This is the first time any TELCO in Nigeria is offering Unlimited internet access to the public , and at an affordable price. So , this article will provide you with all you need to know about the new Ntel 4G Network in Nigeria as well as the Ntel Data Plans and their price.
Ntel 4G Network – All You Need To Know
Ntel is the first Telecommunications Company in Nigeria to rollout 4G LTE Network. While this is a good thing , it is important to know that as at now , the 4G Service is available in just 3 states : Lagos , Port harcourt & Abuja , which means the remaining 34 states will not be able to use this service. However , Ntel promised to expand to other states as soon as they have solidified their presence in those 3 states.
To get started , you need to first reserve your ntel number.
- Visit Ntel reservation page
- Fill in your details , type the number you want
- If it is available , proceed and select your pickup state (Lagos , Port harcourt or Abuja.
- Ntel will alert you whenever your sim is ready an you can then get it at their office.
It is also important to know that Ntel 4G simcards will only work on smartphones with 4G network capability. If your smartphone does not support 4G network , Then you will not be able to use an Ntel sim on it. We have compiled a list of Cheap phones that supports 4G Network , you should check it out : Cheap 4G LTE Phones In Nigeria
Ntel Data Plans & How Much They Cost
The cheapest Ntel Data plan costs #1,000 , while the most expensive goes for #9,000. Each plan has its own validity. More details below :
- Smart Phone Starter – #1,000 – Unlimited Data, 30 minutes voice call, SMS – VALID FOR 3 DAYS
- Standard Plan – ₦2,400 – Unlimited Data, 70 minutes voice call, SMS – VALID FOR 7 DAYS
- Monthly Plans – #9,000 – Unlimited Data, 300 minutes voice call, SMS – VALID FOR 30DAYS
Now , i’m sure the question on your mind is : “Is it really unlimited”? . The answer is YES , but how much access you get is dependent on some certain rules and regulations. Take a look at Ntel’s Fair Use Policy :
1. Ntel is committed to providing our customers with a fast and reliable service hence, we have taken steps to implement our Fair Use Policy.
2. This Policy shall apply to all our customers (pre-paid and post-paid).
3. Our Fair Use Policy is aligned with the best industry practices of global telecommunications providers and is subject to change without prior notice.
4. This policy allows us maintain the quality of our mobile internet service and give all ntel customers fair opportunities to enjoy our network.
5. Customers likely to be affected by this policy are those who generate large volumes of traffic; often have file-sharing software or peer-to-peer/torrent apps on their phones or tablets; and download large-format files such as music, videos and movies consistently.
6. At peak periods each day, any customer who has used a total volume of 3GB will be slowed down to 512bps.
7. We reserve the right to review these fair use levels from time to time.
8. We also reserve the right to limit or suspend service to anyone who uses or attempts to use the service in any way that may attract any sanctions or penalties.
9. We reserve the right to suspend use for fraud if such use has or may have a negative effect on our business.
10. Customers are only entitled to use our services for personal, non-commercial use. We reserve the right to impose network protection controls, limit the speed of, suspend or block your access to services, or disconnect you if your use is excessive and/or not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a private individual.
11. We may or may not notify you before taking any of the above actions.
12. The allowance set out in this fair use policy is based on bundles used within Nigeria. Any use when you are abroad will be charged at the relevant international rates.
That’s all you need to know about Ntel data plans.