Razer, a company popular for its gaming laptops and accessories launched the Razer phone as its first gaming smartphone.
The Razer Phone is deemed the complete smartphone package for gamers as it comes with powerful internals like a Snapdragon 835 processor and Adreno 540 GPU, a strong 4000mAh battery and dual dolby front-facing speakers.
- 1 The Razer Phone Specs (Key):
- 2 Razer Phone Price and Availability in Nigeria
- 3 Razer Phone Full Specifications
The Razer Phone Specs (Key):
- Display: 5.7 inches (1440 * 2560 pixels resolution, ~515 PPI, 89.6cm2 ~72.7% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform @ 2.35Ghz
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 64GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 8MP | Rear — 12MP + 12MP
- Battery: 4000mAh with fast charging
Design & Display
The Razer Phone comes with a 5.7-2-inch display made with IGZO LCD display technology. The display might not be as vibrant as those made with OLED, like the Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone 8 Plus, but it offers great colour representation and improved battery saving. It has a Quad HD (1440 * 2560) pixel resolution and 515 PPI pixel density, so display quality shouldn’t be a problem.
In addition, the Razer Phone’s display uses the UltraMotion tech which gives it a refresh rate of 120GHz, allowing for more seamless and artefact-free transitions, which is more useful and noticeable in high-end graphical games.
The smartphone’s display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, shielding it from cracks and scratches at the front. It doesn’t come with water resistance, though, so don’t go playing games underwater.
The Razer Phone bears a striking resemblance to the Nextbit Robin smartphone, and that’s not so surprising as the Razer company acquired Nextbit in January, and it’s only customary that the latter’s designs are incorporated into the larger framework of the former. The Razer Phone discards the comfy rounded edges and smooth corners on conventional smartphones and features a block square form factor, something that immediately depicts it as a gaming phone.
The device is made of metal, and combined with its large battery capacity, the phone is quite bulky at 197 grammes. At 8 millimeters, It is still slim enough to be held comfortably while playing games.
Memory & Performance
For a device to be tagged a gaming smartphone, it has to pack the right internals to conveniently support most high-end games and 3D resource-intensive apps today. The Razer Phone packs the flagship Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor from Qualcomm which has been the standard chipset for all flagship smartphones this year. The processor uses eight cores clocked at 2.35GHz, and is assisted with graphics rendering by an Adreno 540 GPU.
The Razer Phone comes with 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM which is more than enough to allow you multi-task between heavy apps and reduce the time it takes to load each, as the app states would be stores in the ample memory available. It also has 64GB of internal storage which uses the UFS 2.1 file storage system and can be further expanded up to 2 Terabytes via its external microSD card slot.
Two 12MP cameras sit on the rear panel of the Razer Phone, the first with a tiny f/1.8 aperture for capturing sharp images and a 25mm wide-angle lens for fitting more objects into a photo, and the second with a wide f/2.6 aperture for capturing more details about images, 2x optical zoom and Phase Detection Autofocus. The phone also has a dual-tone LED flash on the rear for providing illumination to images.
Handling selfie photography on the front is an 8MP camera which has a f/2.0 aperture and surely delivers good selfies.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
A gaming smartphone with powerful internals like the one the Razer Phone has needs a good power backup in order to stay up long enough, and the Razer Phone offers just this with a 4000mAh battery which should last up to a full day , although this depends on how use it. It also has the advanced Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ fast charging tech which guarantees a charging time of less than 3 hours.
This phone has a Nano SIM slot and supports 4G VoLTE networks. It has a USB Type-C port for fast wired data transfers and charging, and comes with dual front-facing stereo speakers, each with its own amplifier and Dolby Atmos audio tech. The Razer Phone doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack which is a letdown since audio streaming is quite important during gameplay, but a consolation is present by its THX-certified USB-C audio adapter.
Razer Phone Price and Availability in Nigeria
The Razer Phone will be available for sale from the 17th of November for $699, but it’s not yet clear if / when it will be available in Nigeria.
Razer Phone Full Specifications
- Announced: November 2, 2017.
- Available: November 17, 2017.
- SIM: Single Nano SIM slot.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1 Nougat).
- Price Range: $699.
- Fingerprint: Yes.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100).
- Network Speed: HSPA/LTE.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IGZO IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.72 inches.
- Resolution: 1440 * 2560 pixels (Quad HD).
- Pixel Density: 515 PPI.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Features: Wide colour gamut, 120Hz Ultramotion refresh rate, 72.7% screen-to-body ratio.
- Dimensions: 158.5 * 77.7 * 8 mm.
- Weight: 197g.
- Colours: Black.
- Chipset: 64-bit Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform 10nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.35GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 540.
- WLAN: Dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac (2×2 MU-MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- NFC: Yes.
- FM Radio: n/a.
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4.
- Internal Storage: 64GB (UFS 2.1).
- External Storage: expandable up to 2TB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 12MP + 12MP dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-tone LED Flash.
- f/1.8 aperture.
- 25mm wide-angle lens.
- f/2.6 aperture.
- 2x digital zoom.
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: f/2.0 aperture.
- Capacity: 4000mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+.
- Standby Time: n/a.
- Talk time: n/a.
- Music Playback: n/a.
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.
Other High-End Devices :