Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is the latest iteration of the “Galaxy Note” series and successor to the Note 7 which had a disastrous outing last year. With the launch of Galaxy Note 8 , Samsung is hoping to regain the lost glory of the Galaxy Note series , which suffered tremendously due to the negative headlines that rocked the Galaxy Note 7.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a powerful device featuring a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Display with 1440 x 2960 pixels resolution and a pixel density of 521ppi. This phone is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 6GB of RAM. Storage is handled by a 64GB , 128GB or 256GB inbuilt memory with option to expand using a microSD card up to 256GB.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Key Specs :
- 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2960 pixels (521ppi)
- Octa-core 10nm-class chipset (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 Octa)
- Bixby Intelligent Digital Assistant with dedicated launch button
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Storage with support for memory card up to 256GB
- Dual 12MP Rear Camera and 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear), Iris Scan
- Gigabit LTE (up to 1024 Mbps download)
- 3300 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
- 1 What’s New? (The Galaxy Note 8 Features)
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price In Nigeria
What’s New? (The Galaxy Note 8 Features)
The impressive specs of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is spiced by exciting features that brings more power and functionality to the Note 8. Some of these features are not new as they are already available on the Galaxy S8
1. 6.3-Inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display :
The Galaxy Note 8 is a BIG device. We’re talking 6.3-inches , which is the biggest on any Galaxy Note device till date. Samsung devices are known for their superb display and the Note 8 is no exception. The 6.3-inch Infinity Display lets you see more and scroll less , giving more room to enjoy videos , gaming and messaging. Despite having such a large display , the Galaxy Note 8 maintains a slim profile with a body dimension of 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm.
2. Dual Cameras with Dual Optical Image Stabilization :
Dual Cameras have gone mainstream and is now seen as a must have for flagship devices in 2017 and beyond. Until now , Dual Cameras with Dual Optical image stabilization was seen as imaginary , but Samsung has finally cracked the code.
The Galaxy Note 8 is the first smartphone to feature Dual Cameras with Dual Optical image stabilization. The Note 8 comes with two 12MP rear cameras with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) on both the wide-angle and telephoto lenses.
In Dual Capture mode, both rear cameras take two pictures simultaneously and allow you to save both images; one close-up shot from the telephoto lens and one wide-angle shot that shows the entire background. The wide-angle lens has a Dual Pixel sensor with rapid Auto Focus, so you can capture sharper, clearer shots even in low-light environments.
3. Wireless Charging :
Wireless charging is not new to Samsung Devices , however , wireless charging on the Galaxy Note 8 is considered more advanced than that of any other Samsung smartphone with wireless charging.
4. More RAM & Storage :
The power-packed Galaxy note 8 comes with 6GB RAM for multitasking (switching between apps). In terms of storage , the Galaxy Note 8 is available in 64GB , 128GB and 256GB configurations and if you need more space , you can expand using a microSD card up to 256GB.
5. Water & Dust Resistant :
Thinking of taking a selfie under water? The Note 8 got you cover. The water and dust resistant capability of the Note 8 ensures non-stop fun no matter the condition.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs :
GENERAL INFORMATION :
- Announced : August 2017
- Available : Coming Soon , Expected Sept 2017
- Sim : Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Platform : Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
- Fingerprint : Yes
- Water Resistant : Yes
- Dust Resistant : Yes
- Stylus Pen : Available
- Intelligent Digital Assistant : Bixby, Google Now
- Technology : GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G Bands : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands : Yes , Available
BODY & DISPLAY :
- Type : Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size : 6.3 inches (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Protection : Corning gorilla glass 5
- Resolution : 1440 x 2960 pixels (~521 ppi pixel density)
- Dimension : 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight : 195g
- Colours : Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue
- Bluetooth : Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB Port : Yes, USB Type C (USB 3.1)
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Chipset : Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA , Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – USA & China
- CPU : Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA , Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – USA & China
- GPU : Mali-G71 MP20 – EMEA , Adreno 540 – USA & China
- RAM : 6GB
- Internal Storage : 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- External Storage : microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) – single-SIM model , microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual-SIM model
- Rear Camera : Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/1.7, PDAF & 52mm, f/2.4, AF), OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Front Camera : 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- Camera Features : Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Capacity : Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price In Nigeria
The Galaxy Note 8 is currently available in the country (Nigeria) and can be purchased from leading online and offline retail stores for about #250,000 – #350,000 for the different storage configurations.
What are your thoughts on Samsung note 8 price in Nigeria? Too expensive? Share your opinion by leaving a comment
Other Phones :