Samsung Galaxy S9 is the 2018 flagship smartphone of the Galaxy S series , and as expected, comes with features that gives it an edge over its competitors in the market.
Even though it still shares much of its design language and some of its internal features with its predecessor, the Galaxy S8, the Galaxy S9 still gives a different feeling to the term flagship, especially in the aspect of camera.
With features like the new Samsung Bixby digital assistant, a near-bezeless display, one of the best cameras in a smartphone at the moment, and very powerful processors, the Samsung S9 gives smartphone users enough reason to dig into their pockets and upgrade.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs :
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S9 Price in Nigeria
- 3 Full Specifications
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs :
- Display: 5.8 inches (1,440 * 2,960 pixel resolution, ~570 PPI pixel density, 84.8cm2, ~83.6% screen-to-body ratio, 18:5:9 aspect ratio).
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9 UI.
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform chipset @2.7Ghz / Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset @2.8Ghz
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB / 256GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 8MP | Rear — 12MP Dual-Pixel.
- Battery: 3,000mAh with fast wireless and wired charging.
Design & Display :
- 5.8 inch display
- 1440 x 2960 resolution
- Infinity Display
- 83.6% screen-to-body ratio
The design of the S9 is similar in some ways to that of the Galaxy S8, but some improvements have been made. It has the same 5.8-inch screen size, but the bezels have been shrunk even further to give you a more realistic full-screen experience. The sensors on the top bezel have been redesigned to blend in further with the screen also.
Thanks to its 18:5:9 aspect ratio, the phone is comfortable to hold. It has the power button and volume rockers on the right side, while there’s a new hardware button dedicated to Bixby on the left side. The bottom containas the USB Type-C port, speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack (yes, Samsung hasn’t removed this like many other OEMs).
Going to the back, the horizontal camera with fingerprint setup has been swapped for a vertical one, making it easier to use the fingerprint scanner. This smartphone is covered in glass both on the front and back.
In terms of display, the Samsung Galaxy S9 features a 5.8-inch Super AMOLED Infinity display with a Quad HD+ (1,400 * 2,960) pixel resolution, 570 pixel-per-inch density and 83.6% screen-to-body ratio. Its display is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which protects it from scratches and cracking.
Memory & Performance
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Internal Storage
- Octa-core Snapdragon 845 Chipset
The Samsung S9 comes in two variants, the first with Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 845 chipset and Adreno 630 GPU, and the second with Samsung’s octa-core Exynos 9810 chipset and Mali-G72 MP18 GPU. Both have 4GB of RAM and are available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB internal storage versions.
- 8MP Front camera
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera
Unlike its bigger sibling, the S9 Plus which sports a dual camera setup, the S9 comes with a single 12MP camera with OIS, dual pixel PDAF and dual LED flash on the rear.
One impressive feature of the camera is that it has variable aperture, which means the camera can switch to f/2.4 in the presence of abundant light to enable more detail to be captured, and to f/1.5 in dark situations to allow more light in to brighten your photos.
An 8MP camera with f/1.7 aperture and dual video calling holds the selfie fort at the front, with numerous features like virtual make-up and AR Emojis.
Battery, Connectivity & Software :
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3,000mAh battery
The S9 smartphone packs a 3,000mAh battery which on its own may not last very long, but is backed up with different wired and wireless charging features. It comes in single and dual Nano-SIM (Duos) variants with support for 4G LTE.
In terms of software, this smartphone comes running on version 8.0 (Oreo) of Android out of the box with version 9 of Samsung’s Experience UI layered on top. Since it’s been launched, the smartphone has received numerous software updates and is now on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Price in Nigeria
The S9 smartphone is currently available in online and offline retail stores around Nigeria for around N240,000. It comes in a wide range of colors for you to choose from.
- Announced: February 25, 2018.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Single / Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM slot.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 8.0 Oreo) with Samsung Experience 9 UX.
- Price Range: N240,000.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (6CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.8 inches.
- Resolution: 1,440 * 2,960 pixels (Quad HD+).
- Protection: 3D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- 3D Touch.
- Always-on display.
- IP68 dust & water resistance.
- Infinity Display.
- Dimensions: 147.7 * 68.7 * 8.5 mm.
- Weight: 163g.
- Colours: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple, Burgundy Red & Sunrise Gold.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform chipset.
- Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset.
- Processor Speed: 2.7GHz / 2.8GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core Kryo.
- Mali-G72 MP18.
- Adreno 630.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (2.4 & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE, aptX HD.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS & GALILEO.
- USB: USB 3.1 Type-C reversible connector.
- NFC: Yes.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 512GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 12MP Dual-Pixel camera.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual LED Flash.
- 1.4μm pixel.
- f/1.5 – f/2.4 variable aperture.
- Simultaneous 4K video with 9MP image recording.
- Touch focus.
- BSI sensor.
- Dual pixel PDAF.
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- Front Flash: Yes.
- [email protected] video recording.
- F/1.7 aperture.
- 25mm, 1/3.6” sensor size.
- 1.22um pixel size.
- Dual video calling.
- Auto HDR.
- Capacity: 3,000mAh.
- Type: Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Yes, wired and wireless.
- Standby Time: –
- Talk time: Up to 18 hours on 3G.
- Music Playback: –
- Ambient Light.
- Iris Scanner.
- Heart Rate monitor.
- SpO2 sensor.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.
Other Samsung Phones :