Because most of the information we post requires price data , we have created this page to let you know how this price is gotten and why they will continue to change.
We take the pain to verify every information we post on this website , however , some dynamic data (like price of products) will continue to change , thereby making it difficult for us to monitor and update accurately.
HOW DO WE GET THE PRICE OF A PRODUCT ?
We rely heavily on 2 sources of data :
- From the product manufacturer
- From online E-Commerce websites
- FROM THE PRODUCT MANUFACTURER : When a Manufacturer launches a new product , they usually announce the “Official retail price” of that product ; a price at which it is expected to sell.
- FROM ONLINE E-COMMERCE WEBSITES : Whenever the product manufacturer did not provide info on the official retail price , we rely heavily on e-commerce websites to get an estimate of how much the product will cost. To get this data , we visit Jumia.com.ng , Konga.com & Slot.ng , check the price of that particular product and put it in a “Price Range” ( e.g #10,000 – #15,000).
DO WE CONSIDER OFFLINE STORES? IF NO , WHY?
Unfortunately we do not visit offline stores to find the price of a particular product because of the wide geographical nature of Nigeria. It is very difficult to visit every store in the country , findout the price of a product and then get the overall average price.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE :
Our biggest challenge is that the price of a product changes continually , thereby making it extremely difficult to monitor. There are several factors that affect the price of a product such as :
- Demand & Supply
- Cost of acquisition & transportation
- Foreign currency exchange rate
- Location in the country
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM :
Right now , we conduct a manual update of the price of each product when they change. This is a very cumbersome task and sometimes may not be accurate because the price could change the next day.
However , our technical team is looking at the possibility of building a software that will automatically update the price of each product when it changes. Its still work in progress and we will let you know as soon as we’re done.
CAN YOU RELY ON US? :
Absolutely! We are the best product specifications & review website in Nigeria. We don’t joke with our work.
Last Updated : December 5th , 2016.