The Gionee X1 is a budget smartphone that offers decent performance with 2GB of RAM and Android 7.0 Nougat at an affordable price. It has a 3000mAh battery which, when managed well should last for a day. The X1 makes it easier for selfie-lovers to take photos with its front camera using the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which doubles as a security unlocker.
The Gionee X1 Specs (Key) :
- Display: 5.0 inches (~66.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Quad-Core MediaTek MT6737 Chipset @ 1.3Ghz
- Memory: 2GB RAM , 16GB ROM
- Camera: Front — 8MP | Rear — 8MP
- Battery: 3000mAh
Design & Display
The Gionee X1 comes compact with a 5-IPS LCD inch display which has a 720 x 1280 (HD) pixel resolution and 294 PPI pixel density, offering a reasonable display quality. It has rather unnecessarily-large bezels on the top and bottom, resulting in a 66.2% screen-to-body ratio and 16:9 aspect ratio.
This smartphone has a metal aluminium body design with antenna lines running through its rear on the top and bottom. It has something for the security freaks with a fingerprint sensor placed below the main camera module on the rear. The phone comes at an average thickness of 8.8 millimetres.
Memory & Performance
The Gionee X1 is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek MT6737 processor with four cores clocked at 1.3GHz. Its graphics operations are carried out by a Mali-T720 GPU.
The phone offers decent multi-tasking with 2GB of RAM and comes with 16GB of internal memory for app installation and file storage, with the option of installing the default memory up to 256GB using an external microSD card.
The X1 sports an 8MP camera with Auto-focus for capturing clearer still images, a 1.4” sensor size and 1.12um pixel size at the rear with a LED flash which provides lighting.
The selfie shooter at the front is also an 8MP camera that should produce good selfiesand its shutter can be activated with the fingerprint sensor on the rear of the smartphone.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
The Gionee X1 packs a 3000mAh battery which is capable of taking the user through a whole day on average use. It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G networks with Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE). Amongst other connectivity options, the smartphone is capable of accessing FM Radio.
Out of the box, the Gionee X1 runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Gionee’s Amigo UI version 4.0 layered on top for extra software features and customizable options.
Gionee X1 Price In Nigeria
The X1 is currently not available in Nigeria at the time of writing and there is no word on its pricing and availablity.
Gionee X1 Full Specifications
- Announced: August 21, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual SIM.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.0 Nougat) with Amigo UI 4.0.
- Price Range: $139.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G Bands: LTE (with VoLTE).
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Size: 5.0 inches.
- Resolution: 720 * 1080 pixels (HD).
- Protection: No.
- Dimensions: 144.3 * 72.2 * 8.8 mm.
- Weight: –
- Colours: Black & Gold.
- Chipset: 64-bit 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6737 processor.
- CPU: Quad-core.
- GPU: Mali-T720.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.0 A2DP.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB 2.0.
- NFC: No.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Rear Camera: 8MP.
- Rear Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- 1.12um pixel size.
- 1.4” sensor.
- Front Camera: 8MP.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 3000mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Ambient Light.
– MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.