Nokia 2 is the entry-level device in HMD Global’s series of Nokia-branded Android smartphones. The biggest and perhaps most impressive specs of the Nokia 2 is its 4100mAh battery which should last up to a full day of usage. This smartphone comes with a 5.0-Inch display , 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM.
- 1 The Nokia 2 Specs (Key):
- 2 Nokia 2 Price and Availability in Nigeria
- 3 Nokia 2 Full Specifications
The Nokia 2 Specs (Key):
- Display: 5.0 inches (720 * 1280 pixel resolution, ~294 PPI, 68.9cm2, ~67.4% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat, upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Processor: Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 chipset @ 1.3Ghz.
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 5MP | Rear — 8MP.
- Battery: 4100mAh.
- Jumia Nigeria –
Design & Display
The Nokia 2 comes compact with a 5-inch display, placing it on the lower rung in the series of Nokia Android smartphones. It uses a LTPS IPS LCD display technology which is power-efficient and offers wide viewing angles. The phone has an HD (720 * 1280) pixel resolution and 294 PPI pixel. The display looks quite good and is unexpectedly bright even in outdoor conditions.
HDM global claims that the Nokia 2 has a metal build, but in reality it has a metal frame made from 6000 series aluminium, and a polycarbonate back cover with matte finish. The device should still feels good on hands, and its display language is very similar to that of the five other Nokia Android devices that have been unveiled by HMD Global this year.
The rear cover can be removed, giving access to the dedicated dual SIM slots and microSD expansion slot. This smartphone has large bezels on all sides, and while this may be good for grip, screen real estate is limited as the large bottom bezels are unoccupied and on-screen buttons are used for navigation. Consolation is present in the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection at the front, which is a nice addition for an entry-level smartphone.
Due to its large batter capacity, the Nokia 2 is quite thick at 9.3 millimetres and it’s expected to be a tad heavier than similar budget devices.
Memory & Performance
A Snapdragon 212 processor from Qualcomm with four Cortex-A7 cores and a maximum speed of 1.3 GigaHertz sits under the hood powering the Nokia 2’s operations in conjunction with an Adreno 304 GPU which handles the graphical aspect. The processor is quite low-end and offers basic performance, but the software optimization should improve performance. It’s not as bad as it looks on paper.
This smartphone has 1GB of RAM for some level of multi-tasking, and 8GB of internal storage is available for storage, although the actual amount of storage available for the user is around 5GB. Thankfully , there’s an option to expand the default storage up to 128GB using an external microSD card.
The Nokia 2 sports an 8MP camera with LED flash at the rear, and should deliver in low light. It has autofocus and automatic scene detection, and the LED flash helps to a great extent in achieving the right setting for a good photo.
The phone also has a 5MP camera at the front which should delivers decent selfies.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
The Nokia 2 packs a 4100mAh battery which the company claims can deliver up to 2 days of battery life. This can’t be disputed since it has a low-performing processor and optimized software, but charging the phone might be lengthy as it doesn’t come with fast charging.
The smartphone comes in single and dual SIM variants, both supporting 4G VoLTE. It has IP52 certification for splash proof abilities, and can be used to access FM Radio, amongst other common connectivity options.
Nokia 2 Price and Availability in Nigeria
The Nokia 2 smartphone is already available in Nigeria for around N35,000. The device can be purchased from offline and online retail stores across the country.
Nokia 2 Full Specifications
- Announced: October 31, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Single & Dual Nano SIM slots.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat), upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Price Range: $115.
- Fingerprint: No.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: LTPS LCD IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches.
- Resolution: 720 * 1280 pixels (HD).
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Features: n/a.
- Dimensions: 143.6 * 71.3 * 9.3 mm.
- Weight: n/a.
- Colours: Pewter/Black, Pewter/White & Pewter/Copper.
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- CPU: Quad-core.
- GPU: Adreno 304.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- RAM: 1GB.
- Internal Storage: 8GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 8MP.
- Rear Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- Features: Autofocus & Automatic scene detection.
- Front Camera: 5MP.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 4100mAh.
- Type: Non-removable Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Standby Time: Up to 1340 hours (3G).
- Talk time: Up to 19 hours (3G).
- Music Playback: up to 139 hours.
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.
Other Devices :