The OnePlus 5T was launched as a successor to the flagship OnePlus 5, just five months after the latter was unveiled by the company. The Oneplus 5T is a worthy upgrade on its predecessor, from a bezel-less design with 18:9 aspect ratio to improved dual cameras and an incredibly fast fingerprint sensor.
- 1 OnePlus 5T Specs :
- 2 OnePlus 5T Price and Availability in Nigeria
- 3 OnePlus 5T Full Specifications
OnePlus 5T Specs :
- Display: 6.01 inches (1080 * 2160 pixel resolution, ~401 PPI pixel density, 93.7cm2, ~80% screen-to-body ratio).
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Oxygen OS 4.7, upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Processor: Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform chipset @2.45Ghz
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB ROM
- Camera: Front — 16MP | Rear — 20MP + 16MP (Dual).
- Battery: 3300mAh with Dash Charge (5V/4A) fast charging.
- Jumia Nigeria –
Design & Display
The OnePlus 5T incorporates the latest design trend in the industry, which sees it sporting a 18:9 aspect ratio with minimal bezels on all sides. This is one major edge it has over its predecessor, the OnePlus 5.
The 5T comes in the phablet section, sporting a 6.01-inch display which uses the Optic AMOLED display technology with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which protects against scratches. The phone offers vibrant colour reproduction and super display quality with a Full HD+ (1080 * 2160) pixel resolution, and a pixel density of 401 PPI guarantees a fast refresh rate and individual pixel quality.
The smartphone’s default display mode is sRGB, but the user can also switch to DCI-P3 and Adaptive mode. Talking about placement of components, the top of the OnePlus 5T is bare, leaving the main connectivity ports like the USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, speaker grill and microphone on the bottom.
The top bezel at the front houses the front camera, earpiece, and sensors like magnetic sensor and gyroscope. There is a fingerprint sensor on the rear above the company logo, while the dual camera and flash setup are farther up towards the right side of the device.
Have a look at other devices :
Memory & Performance
The OnePlus 5T is powered by the flagship Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform processor which runs on the 10nm process and uses eight cores clocked at 2.45GHz. Graphics is handled by the usual suspect, Adreno 540 GPU.
This smartphone comes in two memory variants, the base model with 6GB of LPPDR4x RAM and 64GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage, and the high-end variant with 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Both offer efficient multi-tasking, but you’re stuck with the default storage as there’s no external microSD card slot on the phone for further expansion.
The OnePlus 5T features a dual camera setup consisting of a 16MP primary camera and 20MP secondary camera on the rear, together with a dual LED flash which provides illumination for images. Both cameras use Sony sensors and have a wide f/1.7 aperture for clear images in low-light conditions, and you are able to produce professional images with features like EIS. You can also shoot videos in 4K resolution with the rear cameras.
A 16MP camera with a Sony IMX371 sensor and f/2.0 aperture resides at the front, handling selfie photography. It can also record videos at different resolutions.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
The OnePlus 5T packs a 3300mAh battery which can last for a whole day with casual use, though power users will have to recharge the phone at least once if they intend using it throughout the day. Luckily, the phone comes with Dash Charge fast charging tech which takes the battery from 0 to 50% in just 25 minutes.
The smartphone comes with dual Nano SIM slots and can be used to access 4G LTE networks, even those with the Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) feature. It has Bluetooth 5.0 and WiFi 802.11 ac for fast wireless connectivity, and comes with a USB 2.0 Type-C port which aids fast wired file transfers and charging. It also has GPS with GLONASS/Beidou and NFC.
OnePlus 5T Price and Availability in Nigeria
One plus 5t price in Nigeria could not be obtained at the time of writing and there is no word on its availability in Nigeria. However , the 5T can be shipped from abroad using Jumia Global Shipping service. Use the link below :
OnePlus 5T Full Specifications
- Announced: November 16, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual Nano-SIM slots.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat, upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo) with Oxygen OS 4.7.
- Price Range: $499 – $559.
- Fingerprint: Yes, rear-mounted.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100).
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.01 inches.
- Resolution: 1080 * 2160 pixels (Full HD+).
- Protection: 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- DCI-P3 colour coverage.
- Adaptive display.
- Dimensions: 156.1 * 75 * 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 162g.
- Colours: Midnight Black.
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform 10nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2.45GHz.
- CPU: Octa-core.
- GPU: Adreno 540.
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX HD.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou.
- USB: USB 2.0 Type-C reversible connector.
- NFC: Yes.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x.
- Internal Storage: 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1.
- External Storage: not expandable.
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 20MP dual cameras.
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual LED Flash.
- f/1.7 aperture.
- Sony IMX398 sensor (Primary) / Sony IMX376K sensor (Secondary).
- 1.12um pixel size (Primary) / 1.0um pixel size (Secondary).
- Video recording:
- 4K @ 30fps.
- 1080p @ 60fps.
- 720p slow motion @ 120fps.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- Front Flash: n/a.
- f/2.0 aperture.
- 1.0um pixel size.
- Sony MIX371 sensor.
- 1080p video recording.
- Capacity: 3300mAh.
- Type: Li-Po battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: Dash Charge (5V/4A) fast charging.
- Standby Time: –
- Talk time: –
- Music Playback: –
- Ambient Light.
- Magnetic Sensor.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.