Gionee F205 is a mid-range smartphone with a 5.45-inch display and 4G LTE connectivity. The main highlight of this smartphone is its bezel-less design with 18:9 aspect ratio and a FullView display. Other than that , other specs are average , as you would expect from a mid-range smartphone.
Gionee F205 Specs (Key):
- Display: 5.45 inches (720 * 1440 pixel resolution, ~295 PPi pixel density).
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Amigo OS 5.0.
- Processor: Quad-Core MediaTek MT6739 chipset @1.5GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM.
- Camera: Front — 5MP | Rear — 8MP.
- Battery: 2670mAh Li-Po
Design & Display
The Gionee F205 features a metal unibody design with antenna lines running horizontally across its rear on the top and bottom. The antenna lines are designed in a way different from the usual, and this helps to improve the visual appeal of the smartphone while maintaining one of the essential functions of a smartphone – connectivity.
This phone comes with a 5.45-inch display and has a bezel-less design. The left and right sides are almost devoid of bezels, while the bottom and top bezels are as wide as they are because they have to house some components. The bottom bezel houses the brand logo, while the top bezel has the front camera, LED flash and earpiece with some sensors.
The edges of the F205 are curved to make handling the device in landscape orientation easy. Sadly, it doesn’t come with a fingerprint sensor, so you’re stuck with the default security options on the Android OS. I believe this was done in order to keep the phone’s price tag as low as it is, so that the beautiful design and other powerful specs can be added.
Related Smartphones :
Memory & Performance
The F205 is powered under the hood by a MediaTek MT6739 processor which runs on the 64-bit architecture. It uses four processor cores, with each capable of operating at a speed of 1.5GHz. Things are different from the normal in the graphics aspect; a PowerVR Rogue GR8100 GPU handles graphics operations.
The F205 comes with 2GB of RAM which allows for decent multi-tasking, and 16GB of internal storage for file storage. You can add even more storage up to 128GB by inserting an external microSD card into the appropriate slot on the device.
This smartphone sports an 8MP camera on its rear together with a LED flash which provides illumination for images. The camera pixel is a little lower than expected but there shouldn’t be much complaints when you consider the price tag of the F205.
The selfie shooter at the front is a 5MP camera which also captures decent photos, although the quality of photos taken in low-light conditions maybe affected due to the absence of a LED flash to brighten things up.
Battery, Connectivity & Software :
A 2670mAh battery provides running juice for the F205 for its operations, and should be able to last up to 8 hours of heavy usage on a single charge. A more controlled (average) usage would give you more battery life, however, and there’s a benefit to the not-so-large battery capacity; you get a full charge faster on the device.
The F205 supports 4G VoLTE networks via a dual SIM slot that can accept Nano SIM cards. It runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box with a serving of version 5.0 of Gionee’s Amigo OS.
Gionee F205 Pricing & Availability
At the time of publishing , the F205 has been launched at a price of $151 but is currently not available for purchase. There’s no word on when it will be available.
- Announced: November 26, 2017.
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM slots.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) with Amigo OS 5.0.
- Price Range: $151.
- Fingerprint: No.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE.
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G Bands: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE.
BODY & DISPLAY :
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.45 inches.
- Resolution: 720 * 1440 pixels (HD+).
- Protection: 2.5D Curved Glass.
- Features: n/a.
- Dimensions: 148.4 * 70.7 * 7.95 mm.
- Weight: 135.6g.
- Colours: Black, White & Pink.
- Chipset: 64-bit MediaTek MT6739 processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- CPU: Quad-core Cortex-A53.
- GPU: PowerVR Rogue GE8100.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB 2.0 reversible connector.
- NFC: No.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Rear Camera: 8MP.
- Rear Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- Features: [email protected] video recording.
- Front Camera: 5MP.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: n/a.
- Capacity: 2670mAh.
- Type: Li-ion battery
- Features: n/a.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Standby Time: –
- Talk time: –
- Music Playback: –
- Ambient Light.
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– HTML5 Browser
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor.